Saturday, November 6, 2010

Olmpus Spotting Scopes

hunger. Stiller.






ludet


Dad, tell me, how it was with this horse shit?

(he says nothing)

These horses apples. It was night, you were hungry ...

(he says nothing)

you asleep?

(he is silent, smiling, his eyes remain closed)

sleep quietly, I do not want you . Disturb Are likely to become very tired after Mama has washed up. A thousand times and rotate. Must be exhausting ...

(with slurred voice, very quietly) It tasted!

What?

(something clearly, but softly) It tasted, the horse shit!

it? Do not believe me! Really tell me, how was that?

(he smiles again)

(I'm waiting touching his arm)

do you have so what ever eaten?

No. Has so far not revealed.

Thank God! I wish you well not. (Pause) We were hungry. Hunger is stronger than disease. The war has ruined us all. But there was this field. During the day have since been working with horses. It was night. We thought we would find potatoes. In the end it does not matter what you put in your mouth. You just want to eat something ... (he does not smile more)

Papa ... (I caress his face with his right hand, run your fingers through his white hair still strong)

(he smiles)

You smile a lot. I like that.

Are you doing that?

I do not know. Probably not as much. (Pause) Say, Dad, how was it with the agronomist in Siberia. This man, whom you had to Request by e in his car everywhere. The time has yet really angry at you because you always smiled when driving. Why? Just because you smiled?

The thought, I've gone crazy.

nonsense! Tell me, honestly.

(he smiles)

There was something. But what? Perhaps you have already told me once, I forgot.

There was not much. But for me it was a lot. And it was probably too much ... You have determined

refereed in the car all the time, these songs we always sing in worship, and then he just flipped out one day and told you: Stop it, you stupid Baptist!

No, but something like that.

you sang?

No, not in his presence. But something like that. I have every morning on the way from this huge garage, where I picked the car up to my agronomist - prayed, just as loud and clear voice in the car to God. So when I was alone in the car. I've been telling God every morning, and I was grateful for that day. I remembered every time a lot, but some things have occurred to me always. And sometimes even those things that surprised even me. One morning, I was actually quite sick that day because I had thanked God for this very man I had there every day in the car and had to endure.

(Papa speaks slowly, sometimes indistinct, his Parkinson's has made him broken)

Actually, he was reasonably friendly to me. For that I have expressed a warm thank you God. And I think that on this day, it was a dark November day, as I have smiled a bit more than usual, especially when I talked to him. He talked a lot sometimes because of his work and this man, in his opinion did wrong after all and things like that. And I heard him just to everything he wanted from me and not know. But this morning was in my head and said my prayers continue while the man, I thanked God even sure he was healthy, that his children were all right, that we today have had no accident, and what might follow. (Pause) I was very pleased. And I was very surprised when he looked at me blankly so suddenly and at once losbrüllte like a madman. (Pause) Well, it could be worse. He has not even hit me. We are simply moved on.


(I say nothing)

(he is silent, too) have

him then what do you say?

I do not remember. The next day, and in general all the next day, as far as I can remember this agronomist, he was very kind to me. Even more polite and respectful than his boss, before he had really scared.

Funny how life goes so ...

Yes, funny. (Pause. tears in his eyes)
not taste everything.


* * *

Papa 1925 Margenau (Ukraine) born and died today, three years ago in Siegburg ... See also Noda Voda or Emma Isa

0 comments:

Post a Comment